When is Church/Youth Group/Family Night?
Our church service schedule is here.
Family Night will begin September 11 at 6:00 pm with dinner. At 6:30, we will begin programs and activities for all ages that will run until 8:00 pm. Come and be part of the fun, fellowship and learning.
Do you have anything special for youth (junior/senior high)?
- Senior High Youth Group meets on Wednesday Nights (6:30-8:00 PM) during Family Night activities
- Junior High Youth Group meets Wednesday Nights (6:30-8:00 PM) during Family Night activities.
What do I wear?
Wear whatever modest clothing you would like. Jeans, t-shirts, shorts—it’s all okay!
Is your church building handicapped accessible?
Our bathrooms aren’t large enough to accommodate a wheelchair, but we have a wheelchair ramp to the sanctuary and to the fellowship hall. Just call the church if you would like assistance on any particular Sunday (309-378-2651).
Do I have to join the church to participate?
Absolutely not. You can participate in all our ministries and worship services without being a member.
What happens on Sundays?
- We all come together as a church family to worship the Lord. Sermons are all family appropriate and we encourage families to sit together, OR (on rare occasions) Children’s church is held when the topic is for an older audience (like when we covered commandments 6 and 7 in the ten commandments series).
- Sunday School is held in the first floor and fellowship hall with classrooms separated by grade levels, adults meet on the first floor as well. Jr. and Sr. High meet across the parking lot in our annex building.
- The fellowship hall is designed to be just that, a place with breakfast foods, and tables for you to sit and visit together before or after church or Sunday School.
- We have an evening in-depth Bible Study that meets in the sanctuary at 6:30 PM.
What do you believe?
We believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He died, was buried, and then raised from the dead. This belief guarantees us eternal life in Heaven.
We believe our mission is to share Jesus’ message and his love with as many people as possible. We accomplish this by working to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
What is your music like?
You’ll hear a little bit of everything at our church. Our song choice is guided by the themes and goals of the morning. Songs can vary in style from piano-organ-hymns, to a more acoustic-modern set, or something from the choir, or even a bit of rock. The real goal on Sunday morning is worship, through song and scripture. All songs (including song style) are chosen to create a focused and meaningful morning, and to create an atmosphere where worship can be authentic, and honest.