Downs United Methodist Church invites you to attend one of our two Christmas Eve services on Tuesday, December 24. The first service will be at 5:00 pm and the second service is at 7:00 pm.
Reminder: Wednesday night ministry (for children, youth, and adults) will not be meeting this week, November 27th. Happy Thanksgiving,
Every generous act of giving, with every perfect gift, is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change. James 1:17
”’Trunk or Treat”’ at Downs United Methodist Church will be open during Downs trick or treat hours this Thursday, October 31!!
We have games, a gift, and, of course, CANDY, for kids, and hot dogs, coffee, and cookies for Mom & Dad.
Stop by and have some fun!
GET EXCITED! Timber-lee 2014 is coming soon!!
The high school students at Downs United Methodist Church are planning to go to a Timber-lee youth retreat January 31 through February 2, 2014. We will leave around 3:00 pm on the 31st and return around 4:00 pm on the 2nd.
We will have a mandatory meeting November 10 at 9:00am or November 13 at 7:30pm, or November 17 at 1:00pm all at the Downs United Methodist Church. You do not need to go to more than one. The balance of the cost of the trip ($150) will be required at that time along with the health form. The student will sign up for fundraisers at this meeting. At least one parent or sponsor is asked to attend. We will not be allowed to take any student not represented at one of the meetings. If the student is not a regular attendee of Downs UMC they must have a sponsor from the church they regularly attend or a sponsor from Downs UMC who will be contacted to fill out the sponsor form.
- More information about the trip and the forms you’ll need to fill out are downloadable here.
- General information on what to bring/what not to bring is found in this document: What to do/bring at Timber-lee
Questions? Talk to Carrie or call the church office.
The season is changing and so is our service schedule! Remember, you can always pull up our latest service schedule by clicking the Church Services link on any of our website pages.
- First Worship Service: 8-9am
- Fellowship: 8:45-10:15am
- Sunday School: 9-9:45am
- Second Worship Service: 10-11am
- Senior High Youth Group: 6:30-8pm*
- Sunday Evening Bible Study: 7-8pm
* – Senior High Youth Group on 9/8/2013 and 9/15/2013 will be 4:30-6p.
Wednesday Night Schedule
- 5:30 – 6:00 pm Choir Meal
- 6:00 – 7:00 pm Choir Practice
- 6:00 – 6:30 pm Family Night Meal
- 6:30 – 8:00 pm Programming for PreK-5th Grade
- 6:30 – 8:00 pm Junior High Youth Group
- 7:00 – 8:00 pm Senior High Bible Study
- 7:00 – 8:00 pm Adult Bible Study